The Staff Senate was established with the encouragement and approval of the President of Athens State University in May 2002. The mission of the Senate is:
- represent non-faculty employees of Athens State University, hereafter referred to as Staff
- serve in an advisory capacity to the President of the University with respect to matters pertaining to Staff of the University
- provide a means of communication to Staff of the University
- to provide a forum for all Staff of the University.
STAFF MENTORING PROGRAM
NEW STAFF MEMBERS: Learn the Athens State way of life and get to know your fellow co-workers through the Staff Mentoring Program, designed to foster professional relationships between mentees and mentors for the purpose of mutual professional development.
- Learn and embrace the Athens State culture
- Focus on professional development and goal setting
- Network with your co-workers and peers
- Open to new staff members hired within the past 12 months
- A 9-month commitment with regular monthly meetings and activities is required