Skip back to main navigation
- If you can escape or evacuate the campus safely, do so immediately!
- Leave your belongings. DO NOT waste time.
- Help others if possible.
- Get out of sight quickly and quietly.
- Find a place to hide and then lock or block the door and turn off the lights.
- Stay low and out of sight from doors and windows.
- Spread out, DO NOT group together.
- Turn your cell phone off or silence the ringer.
- Keep Quiet!
- FIGHT ONLY as a last resort!
- Act aggressively. Incapacitate the active shooter.
- Throw objects at the shooter. Use chairs, keyboards, books, or anything nearby.
- Make loud sounds, yell, and call for HELP!
- When you are safe call 911. Give your information to the operator.
- When Law Enforcement arrives, stay calm and follow the instructions of Police Officers.
- Drop any objects that you have and keep your hands visible at all times.