Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Services locates and provides access to materials not available at the Athens State University Library. Because the borrowing, lending, and photocopying of materials is provided as a courtesy, certain restrictions must be adhered to including copyright law.
Eligibility for Services
- ILL Services are available to faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students.
- Limited privileges are provided to patrons with a current Athens State library user card for a fee.
How to Apply
- Requests may be made for physical books, copies of book chapters, and copies of articles.
- Before submitting a request, the patron should verify that the material is not available via Athens State by searching the catalog and databases on the library’s website.
- If not available, choose Request Item through Interlibrary Loan and complete the form.
- For further instructions, see Request a Book Through Interlibrary Loan
- Physical materials take one to two weeks to receive under normal circumstances.
- Electronic materials (copies) usually take less than a week.
- Please notify the ILL office immediately if the material is no longer needed.
NOTE: It may be to the patron’s advantage to retrieve items from libraries within a 40-mile radius of Athens State personally.
- Patrons are notified via e-mail when the material arrives.
- For electronic items, the item retrieval information will be in the notification email.
- Since the lending library already sets the due date, items should be picked up at the Circulation desk promptly after being notified.
- Please wait at least a week after a request is submitted before checking with the ILL office on the requested item.
For questions or further information, please call or email,
Phone: 256.216.6662 (Bethany Bruno)