New Employee Forms
Congratulations and welcome to Athens State! We are pleased that you have joined the Athens State community. The first few days and weeks can seem overwhelming as you learn about the University and your department. The Human Resources Office is here to help you transition to your new job.
To begin your onboarding process, please print the forms below, complete them, and bring them to the Human Resources Office along with the types of identification that are listed from the I-9 form instructions. Aside from the documents listed in the I-9 instructions, the University will also need to see your original Social Security card.
Required Documentation Must Be Submitted After Hire, But Before Employment.
The packet of forms and information below should be completed ONLY by those individuals who have applied for, been offered, and accepted an offer of employment from Athens State University. These forms should not be completed by those individuals applying to a position posting for employment.
Requirements for All New Hires (Full-time and Part-time)
- Completed online application
- New Employee Personal Data Form
- A-4 Alabama Employee Withholding Tax Form
- W-4 Internal Revenue Service Federal Tax Form
- Copy of Social Security Card (Bring original to HR or Authorized Representative of University) For a replacement copy, visit; www.ssa.gov/ssnumber
- Request, Consent for Background Information
- Direct Deposit Form (submit with voided check)
- Family Relationship Disclosure Form
- I-9 Employment Verification (See List of Acceptable Documents, employees may present one selection from List A or a combination of one selection from List B and one selection from List C)
- Mandatory Harassment and Clery Training
- Submit Official Transcripts (For ALL institutions from which any Collegiate Credit has been earned)
- Teacher’s Retirement System Update Form (Temporary employees and Adjunct Instructors only)
- Notification of Secondary Employment (Faculty Only)
- Required Ethics Training
- Policies – Acknowledgement Form
- Alabama Public Health Insurance Plan (PEEHIP) Enrollment Instructions (Permanent employees only)
- Survey – New Employee Orientation (optional)
- Designation of Beneficiary Prior to Retirement (Permanent employees only, requires notary)
- Sick Leave Bank, Notice for Participation
- New Faculty - Salary Distribution