Mission of the College
The mission of the College of Business is to offer programs of study to students that will prepare them for positions in business, finance, or government; enhance the professional development of those already employed, and provide an academic framework for graduate study leading to professional positions. The purpose of the College of Business is to provide quality education for all students, teaching them to think critically, to use technology efficiently, to be effective leaders, decision-makers, and communicators; to maintain ethical standards, and to understand the global economy. To carry out its mission and support its purpose, the College of Business has established the following goals:
- Provide for continuous improvement of the programs within the College of Business in keeping with the standards set by Athens State University, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and the Accreditation Council of Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Place excellence in teaching as the number one priority for serving students and for evaluating faculty.
- Encourage growth and diversity in the faculty and student body.
- Seek community and business relationships for advice and support of student and curriculum needs.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with other educational institutions to facilitate student transfer, maximize resource utilization, and provide quality programs.
- Support a quality-based, equivalent learning environment for all students in all settings.
- Produce graduates who will be academically and professionally prepared by the quality teaching programs of the College of Business for work in an increasingly diverse, global environment.
For more information about Student Success, view our Student Reports.