The symposium will host a team of well-respected and successful female leaders across a multitude of disciplines, including aerospace, business, broadcast journalism, engineering, entrepreneurship, sports technology, higher education, and cancer research. Each of the highlighted women either currently lives in North Alabama or has strong ties to our area.
The cost for the conference is $85 and will include admission to all lectures, a continental breakfast and lunch, and “Meet the Experts” networking breaks. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. The symposium will offer participants opportunities for partnership building and having interactive discussions. Five CEU credits will be offered for attendance.
The symposium will feature the following presenters:
- Dr. Jan Davis, Vice President and General Manager of Jacobs Technology, Astronaut Mission Specialist at NASA, and Former Director of NASA’s Flight Projects.
- Dr. Lisa Williams, named one of 2004’s Top Ten Women Entrepreneurs in America, Co-founder of 3D Research Corporation, and President of Soldier 1 Corporation.
- Paula Payton, currently the SmartSports Chief Commercial Officer, Consultant and Past Director of NYU’s Department of Strategic Communication, Marketing, and Media Management.
- Dr. Hadiyah Nicole Green, Assistant Professor at Tuskegee University, Lead Inventor on four patent-pending systems, and Recipient of a $1.1 million VA grant for Cancer Research.
- Linda Spalla, Past President and General Manager of WHNT-TV.
- Angela Henderson, Past Program Coordinator of Calhoun Community College’s Alabama Parenthood Initiative, and a Facilitator/Trainer.
- Lori King-Taylor, an expert if the field of Leadership Development and Organizational Effectiveness, and Principal Consultant of Trinity Performance Solutions.
“Through this symposium we want to recognize our region’s professional women and promote their continued growth and development across multiple disciplines,” said Center for Lifelong Learning Interim Director Dr. Kim W. Bell. “We want to offer those attending the opportunity to learn from the speakers’ accomplishments so that their own personal leadership qualities might be enhanced.”
To register online visit www.athens.edu/cll by February 24 or contact the Center for Lifelong Learning at 256-233-8260 or by email. Group and student discounts are available.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]